Friday, January 30, 2009

...bet the under for the Super Bowl.

2 blogs in one day, amazing!

A short conversation regarding the Super Bowl I had yesterday:

Friend: Yo, who are you pickin for the Super Bowl?
Me: The Cardinals.
Friend: Oh, nevermind, I guess I can't place a bet with you then.
Me: Ok, I'll take the Steelers.
Friend: Man, naw, naw.
Me: Don't you think Arizona's gonna win?
Friend: Yeah.
Me: Then place the bet. I just switched my pick so that you could bet.
Friend: Naw.

I don't really have a moral to this story, I just thought it was funny how unsure my friend was when I confirmed his pick, but switched just to bet.

Who do I think will win? I have talked to my brother about how uncomfortable I was writing about sports. I know enough to play fantasy sports, but not enough to intelligently talk about them. I tend to watch games by their stats, not by their actually quality of play (as many of us in the fantasy world do). But here is my poor analysis:

Steelers' defense is too tough. And I always feel like a good defense better prepares for a good offense than a good offense can prepare for a good defense. Edge is a joke. I don't wanna hear any of this "he got rested up all season on the bench, now he's ready to go." THERES A REASON HE WAS ON THE BENCH! I foresee Arizona being held under 90 total running yards. With that said, Steelers only have to focus on the passing--however cliche that may sound.

I realize that the Steelers don't have the best offense in the world, but its very balanced. They can use what works and can consistently put up 20+ points. In order for the Cards to win, they would have to score 30+, and I don't see that happening.

But let me clarify, I want the Cards to win. But I think the Steelers are too good for them.

Score: Steelers 28-Cards 17 (totals is at 47)

2 comments:

  1. I really wish I saw this before the Superbowl because I would have liked to put together a write up as well, but since the Superbowl is over, its pretty much a moot point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was pretty close...again that stupid BS safety...otherwise I wouldve been money.

    ReplyDelete