Monday, January 19, 2009

...love a Cylon (Battlestar Gallactica review).

Before you start reading this, do not think I will start watching Star Trek.

I must say that I'm pleasantly surpised. I had heard nothing but good things about Battlestar Gallactica, so I went into it with high hopes. Generally, I get let down when I go into things with high hopes--this show delivers.

The Good: The actors are good. The characters are good. The story is great. Just like The Terminator (although Battlestar came first): man builds robots, robots kill man. They don't show too much of the Cylons, which are the robots. Probably because of cost reasons, but on the other hand, it builds a lot of tension and curiosity about them. How are they evolving? Why do they want to kill the humans? Why did they wait 40 years? It adds a whole other dimension of mystery to the show by not seeing them. Lots of questions go unanswered, which is now making me want to watch more episodes.

I love the drum beat whenever they go into battle.

The Bad: Action sucks. I would have expected more in this department. But my guess is that there will be some better action later. Luckily, the storyline and mythology makes up for it.

This was 3 hours long... Set some time aside.

Thanks Mr. Shmovies.

Rating: 8.5 out of 10

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you finally decided to watch this really really really good show.

    ReplyDelete