Friday, January 30, 2009

...read the comment section.

Let me start by saying, my brothers are really cool. Like, really cool.

Comment sections are tough. Since I'm new to this blogging thing, I don't know what to do with them. Do I respond to comments in the comment section? Or do I assume no one reads the comments and respond as another blog (as I am doing here)?

Also, are the amount of comments a direct relation to the interest of the readers? I would say so. However, given that I only have about 3 to 4 readers, I will not grieve that I only get 1 or 2 comments every 3rd blog. I understand that if people really wanted to write, they may have a blog themselves.

Back to the comment. Chick-flicks are alright... Every now and then a good one pops up: High Fidelity, The Apartment, Smart People. If I hear good enough things about a movie I will go watch it. Keep in mind, that I don't necessarily go to any of these movies during opening weekend at the theater. There is just this thing called "word of mouth" that may suggest a good movie. I feel this same way about Westerns...I don't watch them unless I've heard lots of good things.

When my gf and I pick movies, we take turns: Sex and the City was her choice, Smart People was my choice. Thats just how it happened to work out this time, luckily they were both good.

Grey's Anatomy: The Movie. Has a nice ring to it...jk. Who is Grey?

3 comments:

  1. Are you taking suggestions for chick-flicks? There's an older movie that stars Brad Pitt and Gweneth Paltrow. You can't go wrong with those 2, can you? The movie is about their marriage and how Brad's job is taking up all his time. GP is pregnant but doesn't know how to break it to BP. The ending has a great plot twist that your gf will surly love.

    Your Other Bro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you mean the classic romantic comedy, Seven?

    ReplyDelete