Tuesday, January 13, 2009

...believe that if it's not 24, I'm not watching it.

BEWARE! SPOILERS!

Oh, Jack Bauer, how I love you...let me count the ways.

4 hours of goodness, in the books. If you didn't know, 24 has started up again. So far it has been action packed, good story (however unbelievable it may be), and some interesting character's--including who seems to be Chloe's arch-nemesis, Janeane Garofalo.

Everyone likes Jack, everyone likes Tony. But they always seemed to fly solo. FINALLY, Jack and Tony, side by side just going around kicking butt as they should. We are yet to see any good torture scenes, but they way they are building up the "legality" of torture, my guess is that we will be seeing some good stuff.

Few bad things though:

1) In order to understand a lot of the characters, you must have seen previous seasons. Which everyone should. But it makes it difficult for new viewers to get into it if every character that is introduced has background that they assume the audience already knows.

2) Also, need to go back and watch 24: Redemption. I originally thought that this "movie" was just way to show how Jack gets back to the US. Turns out that this is really the season premier.

3) WHY THE STUPID SIDE STORIES? I have a feeling that the president's husband has filled in the stupid, stupid void that Jack's daughter always had. Somebody just running around making stupid decisions, with stupid people, at stupid times.

On a side note, I will NOT ONLY be watching 24. I lost a bet to my "movies, shmovies" friend, and now I have to go back and watch Battlestar Gallactica. This is a show that I have heard very good things about for years, but I have avoided on the principle of not watching gay Sci-Fi...I have also never seen an episode of Star Trek. (If you are wondering what the bet was, he out-chugged me during an irish carbomb).

Anyways, watch 24. Don't be dumb.

1 comment: