Monday, August 3, 2009

...get a freeze ray. (Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog review)

Doogie, Doogie, Doogie...oh how I love your comedic performances.

My friend asked me, "Have you seen Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog?" Not only had I not seen it, I don't think I had ever heard of it. Yet, he was appalled and surprised that I hadn't. Oddly enough, now I have the same reaction. I find myself asking everyone "Have you seen Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog?" and then scream at them for not having seen it.

Dr. Horrible is an internet sensation. I was told that it was sort of an experiment--low budget, internet only, and free to watch (www.hulu.com). Its about a 45 minute movie, or should I say musical... I know that turns a lot of people off. I, for one, love musicals, so I may be a little bit biased towards liking it. But I think anyone should be able to watch it.

The good: NPH! He's my fav, thank you HIMYM and Harold and Kumar. The humor is very subtle, but extremely effective. The music is very original and catchy. The story is pretty deep for 45 mins. The rewatchability is very high...I have probably seen it about 6 times now. Moist--the partner in crime.

The bad: None.

Rating: 9 out of 10 (perhaps 10 out of 10 if they had a couple of swordfights and karate)

No comments:

Post a Comment