Tuesday, August 4, 2009

...say "ooh shhh..."-nap. Say "oh snap", is what I mean. (Punisher: Warzone review)

I only saw bits and pieces of the Punisher with Thomas Jane. And only owned the DVD with Dolph, but never actually watched it. But for some reason unbeknownst to me, despite mediocre reviews, I decided to give this new one a shot.

The Good: Can I say that I said "Oh shh..."-nap out loud more times in this movie than I have in a long time. Meaning that there were more over the top ways to kill people in this movie than any other in while. This movie was entertaining if you are looking for something in the background to look up at every 10 mins to see something crazy. And I like the video game feel of it, with mini-bosses, then major bosses, and lots of goons in between.

The Bad: The bad is what you would expect before going into the movie. Bad story. Bad acting. I also don't like how some of the "mini-bosses" I referred to die so easily. I would've liked to see a little more fight in 'em.

Rating: 6 out of 10

3 comments:

  1. I will admit that this movie was bad. Not just bad, but really bad. If I were to rank all of the Punisher movies, I actually rank them in chronological order of production. Dolph's version was awesome. The one with Thomas Jane I can watch more than once. I didn't even finish this one or have any interest to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dolph version was only awesome for the decade it was shot in and the level of fame that actor had at that point. In retrospect, it's less than awesome. Like those Captain America movies or the Spider-Man live action tv show. Yes, I'm single.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I hope I didn't convey the message that I LOVED this movie. I mean, it was ok. It was good enough to hold my attention, bad enough to not say it was a good movie.

    ReplyDelete