Monday, February 16, 2009

...recognize the dude that played the bad guy in Tombstone. (Frailty review)

Another lost bet...another movie watched that I probably never would've watched otherwise. At first I said "no," since I don't like scary movies and end up crying like a little girl--but he assured me that it wasn't really scary, just more of a thriller. We have a rule (Shmovies and I) that whenever we make one of these "movie wagers", the movie has to be at least a 7 rating or higher. I will give him the benefit of the doubt since I don't like thrillers that much.

Starring Bill Paxton, Matthew Macohnekahhehankshgayahay, and Wiley Bill from Tombstone, Powers Boothe.

The good: It was surprising to say the least. The story was pretty interesting: "God" asks a man to kill demons in the world. The man teaches his young children to kill these demons as well. Police search for this serial killer.

Seemed like the typical serial killer movie at first, but as the movie progressed, there were a lot of elements of the movie that stirred some intrigue.

SEMI-SPOILER: There are a couple twists at the end--my gf was able to call it before it happened. I didn't.

The bad: Yet another "Bill P." that I dislike. Although he directed this film fairly well, Bill Pullman's character in the movie is just not very believable. He made me want to punch him in the face every time he talked.

The way Wiley Bill's character acted throughout the movie seemed unbelievable. No one would ever blindly act the way he did.

Overall, it was a good experience. Lovers of the thriller movie would enjoy this.

Rating: 6.5 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment