Friday, March 20, 2009

...not watch a movie just because you saw the best part. (Legend of 1900 review)

So my roommate tells me I should watch this movie. I hadn't heard much about the movie, so as usual I said "maybe" (with no intention of actually watching). But he proceeded to show me a clip on his computer. This scene included the main character have a piano duel with one of the best jazz musicians around. These scene had good music and a bit a humor. I sat and watched, completely entertained for about 7 or 8 minutes.

SOLD!

So I burned a copy and watched it in my room. The first night I tried watching it, I fell asleep after about 20 minutes. The second time I tried watching it, I made it almost all the way through, but then the ending was so boring I stopped with about 5 or 10 minutes left in the movie...there was no 3rd time being a charm for this movie.

The good: Those 7 or 8 minutes of the piano duel.

The bad: Everything else. You would think Tim Roth could bring some redeeming factors to the movie, but absolutely not. The story? Baby found on cruise liner by worker that lives on the boat. Baby never leaves boat. Baby turns out to be a phenom piano player. Still never leaves the boat. Ummm...thats about it. I don't know if he ever leaves the boat, or if he dies on the boat because I stopped watching.

Damn you, good scene, we should've left it at that.

Rating: 3 out of 10

1 comment:

  1. That movie does sound terrible. I would tell your friend to never recommend a movie again. I just saw 'I Love You Man' and it was pretty funny...even without getting my head straight. 7.5/10.

    ReplyDelete