Tuesday, April 7, 2009

...play Zitch Dog. (How I Met Your Mother review)

Zitch dog!

Sitcoms? Really? Do those even still exist? I thought television had been taken over by one hour shows and reality shows. At least, those are the only ones I ever hear about.

So 4 years after the debut, I started watching How I Met Your Mother. This show is hilarious! Maybe it because its about a bunch of 27/28 year olds hanging out and I can relate, but I think its much more than that.

The good: The pranks and jokes that they play are always fresh and original. The cast has a great chemistry. I love how every little detail of the show has a story--usually portrayed with an immediate flashback, but sometimes they only mention a story, which then plays out in a later episode. The humor is very smart, and when they decide not to use smart humor...they just ask for a high five and it becomes funny.

The story is oddly deep. Although you can easily watch sporadic episodes and enjoy it, watching it in sequence provides enough story to grab bigger audiences.

The bad: None. Go Doogie!

Rating: 9 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment